Check our blog for the latest tips and advice on everything from signs of potential mold to the best ways to clean your home if you have pets. We'll cover a wide range of topics so be sure to check here regularly.
- Dust mites in your bedding can be a major cause of outbreaks. Wash your sheets, blankets, and pillow cases once a week in very hot water, 130 degrees or more, to kill off mites. Consider covering all of these items and your mattress and box springs in mite proof plastic covers.
- Change your HVAC system air filters. These can harbor dust, bacteria, mold, and other allergens which can be blown into your home when the heat or air is on. For the same reason, it’s an excellent idea to have your air ducts professionally cleaned too.
- If feasible, get rid of carpeting and go for solid floors like wood or linoleum, and use small area rugs that can be easily washed. It you must have carpet, opt for the low-pile type and vacuum at least once every week, and have it cleaned regularly.
- Furniture with upholstery can also be a source of allergens. Clean them often.
- Dust and sweep all flat surfaces at least once a week to keep the dust to a minimum.
- Use an air filtration system that has HEPA-rated filters, and direct its output so that clean air surrounds you while you’re asleep.
- Removing Fall Asthma and Allergy Triggers from Your Home
Removing Fall Asthma and Allergy Triggers from Your Home
Oct 12, 2018
ServiceMaster of Spartanburg
A lot of people, especially those that don’t suffer from them, associate allergies and asthma problems with the onset of warmer weather in the spring, and it’s certainly true that’s a prime time for misery. But any change of the season can bring on symptoms, even, and maybe especially, inside of your own home. Luckily there are some proactive things that you can do to lessen or even eliminate your suffering this fall.
Removing Fall Asthma and Allergy Triggers From Your Home
Let the experts at ServiceMaster of Spartanburg help keep your allergies to a minimum this fall. And when you need restoration or residential services in upstate SC, contact ServiceMaster of Spartanburg for a free estimate and quick service.