10 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Commercial Cleaning Company
Nov 28, 2017
Projecting the right image is crucial for the success of your business. When you’re looking for a commercial cleaning company, you want to hire a team that you can trust. The interview process is a vital step to narrowing down which company is the right fit for you. Here are ten questions to ask before signing a contract:
- How long have you been in business? This question will help you determine how much experience they have.
- Can you provide references? Talking to a live person, instead of relying on online review services like Yelp, can give you valuable insight into the company.
- Are you insured? Liability insurance covers the costs if something is damaged during cleaning.
- Are your employees bonded? Bonds offer insurance protection in the case of theft.
- Do you carry workman’s comp? Many companies don’t. In those cases, the property owner may be liable for worker injuries.
- How do you screen your employees? This may include references and background checks.
- What kind of training does your cleaning team go through? That will give you an idea of whether they can handle the job at hand.
- Can you give me a written checklist of what cleaning tasks will be done? A ‘basic cleaning service’ may mean different things to different companies.
- Who provides the cleaning equipment and supplies? Furthermore, will cleaning equipment be stored on premises?
- What happens if I’m unhappy with the job done? Some companies have policies that offer money back, a discount on the next service, or someone will be sent immediately to correct the problem.
A clean and well-kept space creates a professional image for potential clients or customers. At ServiceMaster of Spartanburg, we have worked with businesses throughout upstate South Carolina and are happy to lend our expertise to you. Contact us today and our friendly representative will be happy to answer any questions that you have.