Frozen Tempuratures Cause Disasters
Feb 20, 2021
What do you do when your pipes break from frozen temperatures outside? First, remain calm. Yes the water can be dangerous if you stand in it for too long or if it picks up chemicals from the materials in your home.
Follow these rules:
- Turn off the water going to your home. Trying to cut off the water inside your house won’t turn off the pressure and water can continue to find a way to leak out. The water meter is usually set into the ground out near the street. There is a cutoff valve beside the meter. Turn it off and then check to make use it is completely off.
- Get as many personal items you want to save out of the water. Some items are salvageable if you work quickly.
- Keep yourself and your family safe and dry. Cold temperatures cause hypothermia quickly. Stay safe!
- Call ServiceMaster of Spartanburg & Greenville to work with you and your insurance company to restore your home. Call (864) 574-3133.
- ServiceMaster has all safe products and everyone follows COVID-safe guidelines to ensure your safety and ours.
Don’t delay calling ServiceMaster of Spartanburg & Greenville. The longer you wait, the more damage the water will cause to your home. Also, many other families will have the same problem as you. Get quick service by calling early. (864) 574-3133