Serving the Upstate of South Carolina

4 Reasons You Should Trust the Pros for Mold Cleanup

Jun 23, 2018

hands scrubbing

Regardless of what you may read online, mold cleanup is definitely not a do it yourself job. It is dirty and dangerous and best left to the professionals. Here’s why DIY cleaning is not the answer and you should leave the mold cleanup to the pros:

Bleach and Water Aren’t Enough

Bleach and water aren’t enough to cleanse your home and remove all mold from it. Even if you can’t see it, mold may still be present, harming the quality of air in your home. Unfortunately, even a small amount of mold left behind can flourish and re-contaminate your home all over again in no time.

Stirring Up Spores

You must be careful when cleaning up mold. If spores are stirred up, they may float through the air and spread to other areas. The professionals at ServiceMaster of Spartanburg can kill mold at the source and ensure that it won’t spread to other rooms in your home.

Not Thorough Enough

You might think by spraying special cleaner and scrubbing until you can’t see any mold, you removed it all. However, this isn’t the case. When it comes to mold and how it impacts your health, it’s always better to trust the professionals.

Health Hazards

Even if you’re not allergic to mold, it can be extremely dangerous. For instance, if you’re immunocompromised, it puts you at higher risk for an infection. Not to mention, not all molds just cause allergic reactions; some are toxigenic and can even be hazardous.

If you believe there may be mold in your home, don’t try to tackle it yourself. Contact the experts at ServiceMaster of Spartanburg and let our expert technicians take care of it for you.
To learn about our mold remediation service or schedule a consultation, contact us today!

They do a great job. They have cleaned my carpets many times and I would recommend them highly for any cleaning needs. They do a great job in water and fire damages restoration also....

George M.